Birdie

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow Day!!!!

We took a Saturday and traveled up the mountain just past Payson, AZ and found SNOW!

Can you believe this winter wonderland exists just an hour and a half out of Phoenix? Believe it people. The kiddos were so excited to see snow and play in it. We all had a great time. It's nice to be able to enjoy the snow for a day and then leave it all behind.

As soon as we let them loose Owen headed for the hills to do some sledding while Nya was content to just sit and eat the snow. It was hilarious. I guess she got full and decided to join the festivities and began to sled also. They both liked building a snow man and Owen couldn't get enough of the snowball fights.

All in all it was a great day and something I look forward to -that is just once a year ;)

Not sure what the kids are doing here but I thought it was funny how they are both making the same goofy face

Nya "chill'n". Just relaxing and eating snow

I guess they got bored of using their hands to eat snow. "Owen -Just go ahead and stick your face right in it buddy...k, great"

Nya didn't even bother sitting or laying. Yep, she just bent over and started chowing. Guess she's been around my Dad's horses enough to know there is an alternative way of eating.

No comments: