Birdie

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

So for my Birthday I thought it would be nice to get away minus kids and enjoy the outdoors. So I begged Janel and Ty to stay at our house for a night so that Shad and I could go camping. (We brought the air mattress this time.) It was great to get away but it was really hard to turn off my "mom" brain. I wasn't even sure what to think or talk about.


I guess we didn't plan very well because starting at 7:00pm it was pitch black. Well most of you know that Shad and I are night owls so we were like "ok, what do we do now?" So we decided to drive all the way back into Payson to catch a movie. Once we got to the movie theater they said their last showing was 7:00...really? Wow. So we really didn't have anything to do. We ended up hanging out at Walmart. Too funny. Drive all that way for the great outdoors and then hang out at Walmart.


The next day we went on a little hike. It was fine but not as pretty and green as I had hoped and since there was no destination it was kindof weird hiking just to hike. Shad made a little friend though as pictured below.



When we came home Janel and Ty had made me a Birthday cake. That was so sweet of them! And I was relieved because I knew the kids would expect a cake and I didn't want to have to make my own birthday cake!

1 comment:

Rinez said...

What a cute post! It was good to have time together if nothing else. Love you!