Birdie

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Simpler Reward System...Or Is It?

So Shad showed me a simple reward system in a magazine so we decided to try it. Each child has their own dry erase board and when they do something nice or when they are obedient, the parent draws a heart on their board. Once they get to 5 hearts they get a prize. We have used it on and off and it works pretty good (when I can remember).

After a few weeks Shad says, "Do you think you could draw something else other than a heart on Owen's chart...like maybe a baseball or something." So I think, OK, no biggie I'll draw something else. Pretty soon the kids requests started getting more and more complex as you can see below. Love those little monsters!

drawing #1: The pantry door

drawing #2: Owen holding a balloon

drawing #3: A ball hitting a bat

drawing #4: A bad guy

drawing #5: A canyon

1 comment:

Rinez said...

Now, I think that's pretty creative and mighty good art work! Good for you! Maybe you could make a chart for Shad!!?? j/k