Birdie

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Attack of the Cactus!

Owen LOVES the outdoors and especially hiking. We've gone on some family hikes but this time Shad decided to just take Owen out for a boys trip. I told Shad to call when they were on their way home. So I get a call that they are just leaving the mountain and I get informed that there was a "casualty" but everything's fine. Owen had tripped and fallen face first into a cactus. "I got most of the needles out so he's ok now," WHAT??? It seemed like it took them forever to get home.
When I saw him I freaked out a little. Blood all over his shirt and scratches all over his face. It was a miracle that the needles missed his eye. I felt for the poor little guy. 
He was so brave and made it through like a champ. He loved telling his story and even asked if that is what he could present to his class for show and tell. A few months later we went on the same hike. I thought he might have some anxiety but he did great! When Shad showed him the catus he was more proud than anything. He did not let that cactus get the best of him!

No comments: