Birdie

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas 2009

Another great Christmas. It is definitely the most wonderful time of the year. It is so fun to see Owen and Nya get into the season. They don't understand exactly what its about but we really tried to explain that baby Jesus is the whole reason for Christmas.

I think what they know most about Christmas are Presents, Santa Clause, Candy Canes, and Santa's Goats (aka reindeer), and in that order. Someday they'll get it but for now its just fun. I love seeing Christmas through a child's eyes. Everything is so magical.

We watched a lot of Christmas specials too. My favorite was "Prep and Landing" while Owen's favorite this year was "Polar Express". I know, shocker.

We also celebrated the season by seeing Christmas lights around town and also the Temple lights. We found a couple of those cool houses whose lights coordinate with the Christmas music.

Both Owen and Nya loved singing Christmas songs throughout the season. Here's a little sample down below. Enjoy and Merry Christmas!!!

Owen was a little scared of Santa


The spread prior to kid wake-up


No comments: