I thought about it for a while and then realized the reason why I don't have very many pictures of them together is because she is always helping me with them. For instance, this trip she helped me escape Rosa's Restaurant when both kids lost it. She also answered her phone while driving in CA and got a ticket for doing so when she saw it was me calling. She helped me out a lot when I have gone through really hard times in my life. She listens to me, helps with the kids and is happy to do so anytime. But she doesn't just listen and she doesn't just help. She offers advice without telling me what to do or belittling me for making poor choices. She treats me as an equal and a friend. She doesn't just help me with the kids but wants to help and enjoys being with them. It is evident that she truly loves them and it is comforting to know that when I leave them with her she really is caring for them.
All I know is this parenting thing is a lot harder than I thought it would be. I struggle with my 2 kids and have regrets on a daily basis. When I can remember to do so, just thinking about my Mom and the joy she has brought to my life gives me hope that I might be able to do this. When I am feeling like a failure of a Mom I can think of her and remember that the most important gift I can give my kids is to love them -and I can thank my Mom for that example. I love you Mom!!!!

2 comments:
What a sweet tribute to your mom...I enjoyed reading it...
Jodi, you truly honored your Mother with you words of praise and adoration. You're a good daughter! I hope she reads every word. Be assured that you are a good mother, too. I watch how patient and loving you are. Owen, Nya, Riley - all are blessed children to call you "Mom."
Post a Comment