We stayed with my friend Cheryl when we were in Bakersfield. She has a beautiful new home and was so gracious to share it with us. I loved being able to spend some time with her and her kids. They enjoyed playing in her huge back yard and also rode around a lot in the cul-de-sac out front. Owen really attached himself to "Pic-um" who is really Beckam. The kids played well together and it was a nice visit (minus the tantrums).

Cheryl and Asher

Owen and Beckam

I was really having a hard time with Nya on this trip and it was so nice to drop the kids off at Grandma Nez's house and have a little girl time. Cheryl and I caught up with Jenny at the gym (another HS friend) and got to meet her cute little boy. Then we went out to lunch at Jake's Tex Mex (YUMMY!) followed by pedicures. I was impressed with Cheryl's knowledge of Vietnamese cuisine. I swear she makes friends where ever she goes -including a spa full of people not speaking English. It really speaks about her character. She is such a wonderful person and I strive to be more like her. I miss my Lolly friend!
No comments:
Post a Comment