Birdie

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Lucas


Shad has been telling me that Jiggy needs a friend for years. All of a sudden he began to push the issue. I said no for months. Another dog? I am not a dog person...no way. We are NOT getting another dog.

While at a trip to Bakersfield with the kids, my protest against dog #2 began to weaken. Seeing Nya with my sister Lori's lab was adorable. She hugged on that dog and just loved her. It made me sad because with Jiggy's health, size, and personality, that is just not going to happen.

A few days later some friends and I were at a busy park. I lost track of Nya for a second and found her next to a golden retriever hugging all over it. Then she got a hold of the ball the owner was using to play catch with and just starting playing fetch with this dog like they were long lost friends. I thought, "wow -Nya needs a big dog."

So I didn't tell Shad that I had softened to the idea...cause that's crazy right? ANOTHER DOG? A few days later while this battle was still going on in my head Shad left a picture up of a dog from Craigslist. I said "Shad, that's the dog" I think he may still be in shock from this incident. So we went to look at Lucas and bought him later that day.

We've had some ups and downs with Luke (or Lucas) but today he is a great dog. The kids love him and he is so good to them. So it looks like I'm the owner of 2 dogs.


LUCAS & JIGGY
-FRIENDS-




No comments: