Birdie

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Copley the Crazy Bird and Other Outdoor Fun

So our dog Lucas has caught a few birds in the backyard lately. One day the kids were out back playing in the pool while Lucas was on the hunt. This bird was not deterred by Luke but instead seemed desperate to get in the pool. This bird was almost snatched several times by the dog but kept trying to get in the pool. It made it to the ledge a few times even with Nya just a few feet away. I splashed some water on it so it would flee but it was liking it. Owen named it "Copely" -ya, not sure why or where he got that name.

The kids loved watching the chase but I wasn't sure how they would react if Luke did catch and kill the bird so I was just trying to get it out of my yard. It kept flying low and came inches away from my head. I had had enough of the bird so we went inside. Not sure what happened to Copely but I'm pretty sure he was deranged. Maybe it was the heat or maybe the dog had already scrambled its brains a bit before we got out there. All I know is that was one dumb bird. It was pretty entertaining though on an otherwise uneventful day.

Our custom pool and slide...LOL


Cute little guy :)

No comments: